- We do not sell contents insurance, we include it within our prices.
- We are one of only a few safety deposit facilities in the UK to include contents insurance of up to £200,000 within our prices.
- Most banks and safe deposit facilities do not insure customers’ contents left on site in their lockers. As a result, clients leave their belongings at their own risk sometimes with an option to insure, sold as an expensive ‘add-on service’ that can cost more than the locker rental itself.
- From the outset at SDL we took the decision to insure our customers’ contents, meaning that we take a lot of the risk on your behalf, but at our expense
- Teaming up with Willis Insurance we have in place a multi-million pound comprehensive policy covering fire and theft of clients’ belongings kept in our lockers.
- We looked at Willis and found them to be the best and most reliable in their field. Our due diligence found that:
- The FCA or the PRA have not investigated Willis for any irregularities;
- They have no claims against them by the FSCS for mis-selling ;
- They are the largest insurance brokers of fine art, jewellery and specie in the world, see the link below.
(Link by special permission of Willis Ltd, 51 Lime Street, London EC3M 7DQ)
As part of our insurance cover we had to meet the high standards of their multi point risk assessment that would mean our facility is virtually impossible to break into:
- An explosive proof and drill proof grade 10 vault with reinforced floors guarding against underground tunnelling;
- Timer locks denying all access to the strong room outside working hours;
- Seismic detectors alerting us to any sudden vibrations from any break in attempts;
- SIA accredited security guard always on site during opening hours;
- Full CCTV monitoring 24-7;
- Strict alarm protocols with a direct link to external monitoring stations with restricted access times to staff outside opening hours;
- No windows in the premises;
- All employees CRB checked;
- Biometrics incorporated into the locking mechanisms of each individual locker.
These are some of the many exacting measures Willis required before our policy was issued.
Each one of our customers is given an insurance policy as part of our customer contract.
So you can rest assured that your belongings are held safely not only by our standards, but also by the standards of one of the largest insurers in the world.